Splunk Search

How to prevent x-axis values from disappearing on cascading charts on dashboard?

nikita012

alt text

When I cascade two reports on a dashboard, the x-axis values automatically disappear. How can I adjust the x-axis values together with the charts. Do I need to change anything in the settings?

0 Karma

nikita012

alt text

This is the actual chart. I have used a Date field and not a _time field. When I cascade them, the date field goes away.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@nikita012 you can try with x-axis label rotation which can be done via UI Edit or through chart configuration <option name="charting.axisLabelsX.majorLabelStyle.rotation">-90</option>

However, it is expected behavior that x-axis gets squished, it is removed. You can however, see the x-axis value when you hover over each data point in the chart.

If the above does not work out, you may have to share your current search and if the value on x-axis is _time then use epoch time instead of string formatted time.

harshpatel
Contributor

can you please provide a screenshot where it shows x-axis values

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...