Splunk Search

How to merge 6 fields into one field, but still return unique values?

mansel_scheffel
Explorer

Hi,

I have 6 fields A B C D E F - Each have multiple unique numerical values.. I need to merge these unique numerical values into one new field.. basically to make it seem as if the 6 fields don't exist and only the one field containing all the numerical values the six fields have individually.. I then want to display the top 10 values of this newly created single field.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Give this a try

your base search | eval commonfield=fieldA." ".fieldB." ".fieldC." ".fieldD." ".fieldE." ".fieldF." " | makemv commonfield | top commonfield showperc=f

View solution in original post

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Give this a try

your base search | eval commonfield=fieldA." ".fieldB." ".fieldC." ".fieldD." ".fieldE." ".fieldF." " | makemv commonfield | top commonfield showperc=f
0 Karma

mansel_scheffel
Explorer

Thanks for the help!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...