Splunk Search

How to mask both index and search time data and how to verify if it is masked?

ginger8990
Explorer

How to mask index and search time data?

How to verify if it is masked?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The Getting Data In manual has a topic about how to mask data when indexing. At search time, you could use a regex in your search, or the scrub command. There is also an Encrypt/Decrypt app you might want to look at.

I see you have posted several variations on this question in the past day or two. You should try to consolidate your postings to a single request that includes all the information. That will give the community the best chance of answering you.

ginger8990
Explorer

I didn't get the answer I want to know. SPlunk should has a way to verify the masking either in indexing or search time. BUt it didn't ..

I have tried a different ways by following the instruction in the link of your posting and other posting, I could not see how SSN was masked

I still saw SSN when doing the search....

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...