Splunk Search

How to list values to fields based on userid selected in a drop-down form?

edroche3rd
Explorer

good morning all

So I have a table chart with a drop-down that selects a user and this works fine. When I select a user, it searches our kvstore and brings back records. The fields it brings back values for are "skills, levels, memid". The skills field has 27 or 28 values, levels field has 6 values and memid can be any amount.

After selecting a userid from the drop-down what, I am getting back is a table with column headers "Skills, Levels, Memid" with a record for each skill and level combo for that particular userid. So to put in perspective, 28 skills times 5 levels equals 140 records returned the max return should be 28, one level for each skill. Below is my current search definition. I have tried doing a dedup on skills that sort of works, but gives the same level value for each skill. So I get the 28 records like I am suppose to, but the level for each is "None", the first value in the levels field in the search.

Any help would be awesome!
Thanks
Ed

| inputlookup dojo_dev | search memid = $memid_token$ | eval skills = "netq bmc ehlth netdoc hpnnm splunk trident aternity ngenius sniffer airwave vidconf brocade rivrbd clrpass dns dhcp cisco ciscoworks bna asafwalls paltoaltofwalls xnet certadmin bluecat ldbalf5 webservx150 raisedflrserv" | eval levels = "None White Orange Blue Red Black" | makemv skills | makemv levels | mvexpand skills | mvexpand levels | fields skills, levels, memid
0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

I am going just by your subject line; do this:

| inputlookup dojo_dev memid = $memid_token$ | stats values(*) AS *

View solution in original post

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

I am going just by your subject line; do this:

| inputlookup dojo_dev memid = $memid_token$ | stats values(*) AS *
0 Karma

edroche3rd
Explorer

using that template, here is what I did and got what I was looking for 🙂

| inputlookup dojo_dev | search memid = $memid_token$ | fields - memfn - memln - mgr - memid

Now one last twist, can I split the table up based on width of panel

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

You definitely do not need the | search (which I deleted).

If you are asking about a way to prevent wide tables from adding a horizontal scrollbar, I don't know of any way to "paginate" or otherwise prevent a scrollbar.

Don't forget to "Accept" the answer to close the question.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

What is the expected output? If you don't want "None" for levels, what is the criteria to assign levels to skills?

0 Karma

edroche3rd
Explorer

the levels are already assigned when the user is added to the kvstore. So all I need it to do is search for a userid and spit out the skills and the level for that user. Example:

memid = u123

skills levels memid (only here to compare)
brocade White U123
asafirewalls Blue U123

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...