Splunk Search

How to list out all the lookups and display count of records present in each lookup?

himanshu1
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hi Friends,

I am trying to list out all the available splunk lookups and want to display count of records present in each lookups.

However i found rest command to list out all the lookups but how to get count of records for each lookup ?

Rest command : 

| rest/servicesNS/-/-/data/lookup-table-files |table title 

I want to display count of records present in each lookup in another column. Is it possible to display with SPL?

Requesting your valuable feedback and help.

Thank you in advance.

Himanshu

Labels (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You could try something like this (although you may get some errors if your definitions aren't complete):

| rest/servicesNS/-/-/data/lookup-table-files
| table title
| map maxsearches=200 search="| inputlookup $title$ | eval title="$title$" | stats count by title"

Also, note you may have to adjust maxsearches depending on how many files you have. 

himanshu1
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback.

Query is working fine but it gets terminated if it encounters any invalid lookup.

any workaround to fix this issue ?

Thank You, 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...