Splunk Search

How to limit the triggering of a Splunk alert according to a time range to avoid having several similar results?

elmadi_fares
Loves-to-Learn Everything

I have a problem triggering an alert on a splunk request based on a cron job that runs this way:

elmadi_fares_0-1662389358937.png

Search query:

index=pdx_pfmseur0_fxs_event sourcetype=st_xfmseur0_fxs_event
| eval
trackingid=mvindex('DOC.doc_keylist.doc_key.key_val',mvfind('DOC.doc_keylist.doc_key.key_name', "MCH-TrackingID"))
| rename gxsevent.gpstatusruletracking.eventtype as events_found
| rename file.receiveraddress as receiveraddress
| rename file.aprf as AJRF
| table trackingid events_found source receiveraddress AJRF
| stats values(trackingid) as trackingid, values(events_found) as events_found, values(receiveraddress) as receiveraddress, values(AJRF) as AJRF by source
| stats values(events_found) as events_found, values(receiveraddress) as receiveraddress, values(AJRF) as AJRF by trackingid
| search AJRF=ORDERS2 OR AJRF=ORDERS1 | stats count as total | appendcols [search index= idx_pk8seur2_logs sourcetype="kube:container:8wj-order-service" processType=avro-order-create JPABS | stats dc(nativeId) as rush ] | appendcols [search index= idx_pk8seur2_logs sourcetype="kube:container:9wj-order-avro-consumer" flowName=9wj-order-avro-consumer customer="AB" (message="HBKK" OR message="MANU") | stats count as hbkk] | eval gap = total-hbkk-rush | table gap, total, rush
| eval status=if(gap>0, "OK", "KO")
| eval ressource="FME-FME-R:AB"
| eval service_offring="FME-FME-R"
| eval description="JPEDI - Customer AB has an Order Gap \n \nDetail : JPEDI - Customer AB has an Order Gap is now :" + gap + "\n\n\n\n;support_group=AL-XX-MAI-L2;KB=KB0078557"
| table ressource description gap total  rush  description service_offringe_offring
​

cronjob make on this alerte
elmadi_fares_1-1662390004374.png

I received three alerts containing the same result according to cron job

17H50 18H50 21H50 with same result of gap=9
elmadi_fares_2-1662390239291.png

is there a solution to limit the alert triggering just for once for each time interval from 08:50 => 10:50
from 10:50 a.m. => 3:50 p.m.
from 3:50 p.m. to 9:50 p.m.
Labels (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Your cron expression determines when the report is executed, not the period it covers - in your scenario, the report will run at 50 minutes past the hour for the hours 8am to 9pm, i.e. 8:50 to 21:50. You should then look at throttling of the alert. You may need to have 3 reports, one for each period, so that a new throttle kicks in for each period.

0 Karma

elmadi_fares

yes i need to have 3 reports

0 Karma

elmadi_fares

I believe to reduce the frequency of triggering alerts I have to configure a period during which I delete the results??

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...