Splunk Search

How to group different values and count the number of transactions?

auaave
Communicator

Hi guys,

I have 2 data sources (source 1 and source 2) with different locations and transactions.
How can I group the locations to Inbound and Outbound and count the transactions?

Thank you.

Source 1
Location        Transaction
Location/dock/1     ok
Location/rec/1      ok
Location/pack/1     ok
Location/ship/1     ok

Source 2
Location        Transaction
Location/dock/1     not ok
Location/rec/1      not ok
Location/pack/1     not ok
Location/ship/1     not ok

Groupings
Inbound = Location/dock/1 , Location/rec/1  
Outbound = Location/pack/1, Location/ship/1

Result
Location       Ok   not ok
Inbound     2          2
Outbound        2          2
0 Karma
1 Solution

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @auaave ,
Can you please try this?

YOUR_SEARCH | | eval Location=case(like(Location,"%dock%") OR like(Location,"%rec%"),"Inbound",like(Location,"%pack%") OR like(Location,"%ship%"),"Outbound") | chart count over Location by  Transaction

My Sample Search:

| makeresults | eval Location="Location/dock/1,Location/rec/1,Location/pack/1,Location/ship/1" | eval Location=split(Location,",")| mvexpand Location | eval Transaction="ok" | append [| makeresults | eval Location="Location/dock/1,Location/rec/1,Location/pack/1,Location/ship/1" | eval Location=split(Location,",")| mvexpand Location | eval Transaction="not ok"] | eval Location=case(like(Location,"%dock%") OR like(Location,"%rec%"),"Inbound",like(Location,"%pack%") OR like(Location,"%ship%"),"Outbound") | chart count over Location by  Transaction

Thanks

View solution in original post

kamlesh_vaghela
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @auaave ,
Can you please try this?

YOUR_SEARCH | | eval Location=case(like(Location,"%dock%") OR like(Location,"%rec%"),"Inbound",like(Location,"%pack%") OR like(Location,"%ship%"),"Outbound") | chart count over Location by  Transaction

My Sample Search:

| makeresults | eval Location="Location/dock/1,Location/rec/1,Location/pack/1,Location/ship/1" | eval Location=split(Location,",")| mvexpand Location | eval Transaction="ok" | append [| makeresults | eval Location="Location/dock/1,Location/rec/1,Location/pack/1,Location/ship/1" | eval Location=split(Location,",")| mvexpand Location | eval Transaction="not ok"] | eval Location=case(like(Location,"%dock%") OR like(Location,"%rec%"),"Inbound",like(Location,"%pack%") OR like(Location,"%ship%"),"Outbound") | chart count over Location by  Transaction

Thanks

auaave
Communicator

@kamlesh_vaghela, thanks for your help! The groupings works well but I changed the last part to take into account the 2 types of sources.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...