Splunk Search

How to get single row table output with fields from 2 log files using common field to join

poddura
Observer

Hi,

I am trying to join to log files under same index & sourcetype having a common field between them. 

log event where type=dte2_fios has below fields

TRANID, ANALYSIS, WPID  (this is common field), COMMAND

log event where type=dte4_fios has below fields

REQID, FT, WPID (this is common field), DIP, DTE,FTC,ERR_MSG

I need a table output with below fields and its corresponding value in each row

TRANID  WPID, REQID,ANALYSIS ,COMMAND,FT,DIP,DTE,FTC,ERR_MSG

I used below query, but it is giving me multiple values for REQID & FT in single row as one WPID will have multiple REQID & FTs. I need separate row with all the above fields

index=delb_np sourcetype="app_kafka_np_east" AND (function_name="dte2_fios" OR function_name="dte4_fios")
| table _time @timestamp function_name log_message.WPID log_message.CID log_message.TN log_message.TRANID log_message.REQID log_message.ANALYSIS log_message.COMMAND log_message.DIP log_message.FT
| stats values(log_message.TRANID) as TRANID, values(log_message.REQID) as REQID, values(log_message.ANALYSIS) as ANALYSIS, values(log_message.COMMAND) as COMMAND, values(log_message.DIP) as DIP, values(log_message.FT) as FT by log_message.WPID, log_message.CID

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You probably need to combine REQID & FT into a single field with a suitable delimiter before you join with the stats command getting values for the combined field instead of REQID & FT, then use mvexpand on the combined field to get your separate rows, then split the combined field back into REQID & FT.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...