Splunk Search

How to get Stats from Search and Average?

jpsquires

This is probably quite simple and I am missing something..
i am using this search.

index=sxxx sourcetype=sxxx host=xyz  source="C:\\mydata" |Dedup _time|table _time, host, username, SimulatorProcess, ProcessTime

I have the following search result

08/19/2019 16:44:34,136Z INFO  user[XXXX] tid[ 1] [(null)]: ProcessSimulationResults took: 1.1204099 seconds

i did a field extraction to get the username, what the process is and the time. I would like to put these in a table and average them out. Search has 4 results but when i put into a table i get many null results.
what is the best way to display and average these out. Would also like to have a single display of the averages over day/week/month.

thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

solarboyz1
Builder

Here's how to get the average processTime by user, host, and SimulatorProcess:

index=ixxx sourcetype=sxxx host=xyz source=xxx 
|  stats  avg(ProcessTime) as avgProcessTime  by host, username, SimulatorProcess
| table host, username, SimulatorProcess, avgProcessTime

You can also do this over time:

|  timechart avg(ProcessTime) as avgProcessTime, values(username) as users, values(host) as hosts  by SimulatorProcess

View solution in original post

0 Karma

solarboyz1
Builder

Here's how to get the average processTime by user, host, and SimulatorProcess:

|  stats  avg(ProcessTime) as avgProcessTime  by host, username, SimulatorProcess
| table host, username, SimulatorProcess, avgProcessTime

You can also do this over time:

|  timechart avg(ProcessTime) as avgProcessTime, values(username) as users, values(host) as hosts  by SimulatorProcess
0 Karma

jpsquires

Excellent.. Thank you for the assist.

0 Karma

jpsquires

Stats count by _Time, host, username, SimulatorProcess, ProcessTime gives me a good chart. Now to average

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...