Splunk Search

How to find dashboards not in use by the amount of days?

mrsplunx

Hi guys

I need to find all dashboards not used in x days.
I saw this has already been asked in this forum but I can't post links.
The post can hopefully be found by its id 662975.
If not here are the suggestions on how to solve it.

index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd_ui_access method=post ui/views
   | table user, req_time, file 
   | rename file as dashboard req_time as editTime

index=_internal user!="-"  sourcetype=splunkd_ui_access "en-US/app"  | rex field=referer "en-US/app/(?<app>[^/]+)/(?<dashboard>[^?/\s]+)" | search  dashboard!="job_management" dashboard!="dbinfo" dashboard!="*en-US" dashboard!="search" dashboard!="home" dashboard!="alerts" dashboard!="dashboards" dashboard!="reports" dashboard!="report" | bucket _time span=1d | stats dc(dashboard) as c by dashboard user _time

The first query suggestion in that post gives me a table with user name and datetime and dashboard name.
The second query seems to present the same.

I need to query where count = 0.
Do you know how to do this?

Br

0 Karma

Vijeta
Influencer

@mrsplunx You can use below query and modify as per your need

|rest services/data/ui/views splunk_server=local |rename title as dashboard|join type=outer dashboard[|search index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd_ui_access method=post ui/views
    | table user, req_time, file 
    | rename file as dashboard req_time as editTime]| where ISNULL(user)| table dashboard eai:acl.owner

Eze
Engager

This one worked for me thanks

0 Karma

mrsplunx

Hi
Just tried your suggestion.
req_time does not work. There is no column editTime
This query gives the same output:
|rest services/data/ui/views splunk_server=local |rename title as dashboard |join type=outer dashboard[|search index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd_ui_access method=post ui/views
| table user, file
| rename file as dashboard] | where ISNULL(user)| table dashboard eai:acl.owner

You have "...as editTime" in your query.
Im looking for dashboards not visited in x days. Sorry if I was unclear.
And with your query I get pretty much the same hits when I query for last week and from january 2017 to today, which cannot be true.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...