Splunk Search

How to fetch weekly data of success failed and warning events and show it daywise in line chart?

athark20
Observer

I am trying to fetch data of weekly successful, failed and warning event counts. I want 5 days data to be shown daywise on line chart. I am using this query. I need modification to show it on line chart which represents date and count of successful, failed and warning events.

Query:

index=outputsolutions host=*dxr22* Error | bin _time span=1d | stats count as dailycount by _time
Labels (3)
0 Karma

athark20
Observer

Can you please help in writing it for me I am a newbie in splunk

0 Karma

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Actually, the correct code should be

| timechart count by status

where status can have three values success, failed, and warning.

Can you describe your data and how to tell whether status is success, failed, or warning?  Without these, everything is just guesswork.

0 Karma

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Do you mean timechart?

| timechart span=1d count by successful failed warning

Obviously you'll need to define "successful", "failed", and "warning" in your search 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...