Splunk Search

How to fetch the second last word of a sentence with the Splunk regex?

riginoommen
Explorer

My query is:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; Catchpoint) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/87.0.4280.88 Safari/537.36

I want to extract the following word from the above sting with regex can you please help me.

Chrome/87.0.4280.88

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try like this (replace everything before "rex" command with your search)

|makeresults | eval _raw="Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; Catchpoint) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/87.0.4280.88 Safari/537.36" | table _raw 
| rex "\s+(?<SecondLastPart>\S+)\s+\S+$"

View solution in original post

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try like this (replace everything before "rex" command with your search)

|makeresults | eval _raw="Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; Catchpoint) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/87.0.4280.88 Safari/537.36" | table _raw 
| rex "\s+(?<SecondLastPart>\S+)\s+\S+$"

riginoommen
Explorer

This fetched the data as expected but its not taking the filtered data from past output

0 Karma

riginoommen
Explorer

Can you please see the updated question

0 Karma

Stefanie
Builder

Sure

Try this one?

\s\S+\/\S+\s(?!\()
0 Karma

Stefanie
Builder

Hi!

Try this Regex.

\b(\S+)$

riginoommen
Explorer

How to use the regex with the rex tag

\b(\S+)$
can you please help me

0 Karma

riginoommen
Explorer

Can you please see the updated question with the answer and I am trying to accommodate with the res. it will be super awesome if you share the full url

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...