Splunk Search

How to extract values from within a field?

nitz13

I have events of the following format:

{  [-]      
         log:    2018-04-16 11:33:09 INFO  Report:46 - Number of Records read from Input File [10000] , number of records Posted [10000] to topic [completed.processing]
     stream:     stdout 

time:   2018-04-16T16:33:09.36532399Z  

} }

Log is an extracted field and I want to extract the values "Number of records read from Input file and number of records posted" from within the field log and display it as a table of the following format:
Number of Input Records . Number of records posted
10000 10000

0 Karma

kmaron
Motivator

You should be able to use a regular expression to pull out the number of input records and number of records posted. Then make a table from them.

| makeresults 
| eval log="2018-04-16 11:33:09 INFO  Report:46 - Number of Records read from Input File [10000] , number of records Posted [10000] to topic " 
| rex field=log "Number of Records read from Input File \[(?<InputRecords>.*?)\] , number of records Posted \[(?<PostedRecords>.*?)\] to topic" 
| rename InputRecords as "Number of Input Records" PostedRecords as "Number of Records Posted" 
| table "Number of Input Records" "Number of Records Posted"
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...