Splunk Search

How to extract the data with 3 different events based on a filter

CristianLopez

Hi all,

Currently I have the following string to make a table with some values which belong to different events but they have a field in common:

index="*MYindex*" AND container_name="Mycontainer_name"  AND (message="*search1*" OR message="*search2*" OR message="*search3*") AND NOT message="*search4*"

| rex field=_raw "xyz(?<search1>[0-9a-zA-ZÀ-ÿ\,\s"/"]+),*"

| rex field=_raw "xyz(?<trace>[a-z0-9]+)*"

| rex field=message "xyz(?<search3>[0-9a-zA-Z\s]+),*"

| rex field=_raw "xyz(?<search2>[A-Za-z0-9]+)*"

| stats values(search2) as SEARCH2 values(search3) as SEARCH3 values(search1) as SEARCH1 by trace

This generates the following table grouping the events with the same trace. I expect to have empty cells depending of the SEARCH2 and SEARCH3, so it's fine.

trace

SEARCH2

SEARCH3

SEARCH1

0022f6381a597f0e

EXOL

200 OK

004d6a8d0b2c3e7c

EXRS

0052ad6e42b4b9ad

EXOL

200 OK

008643fdaca08cd5

EXOL

200 OK

008f58384f6d582f

EXOL

400 BAD

FORMAT ERROR

What I'm looking for is to filter these results based on an additional search, which is a different event but it has the same trace:

index="*MYindex*" AND container_name="Mycontainer_name"  AND (message="*search1*" OR message="*search2*" OR message="*search3*" OR message="*search5*" ) AND NOT message="*search4*"

| rex field=_raw "xyz(?<search1>[0-9a-zA-ZÀ-ÿ\,\s"/"]+),*"

| rex field=_raw "xyz(?<trace>[a-z0-9]+)*"

| rex field=message "xyz(?<search3>[0-9a-zA-Z\s]+),*"

| rex field=_raw "xyz(?<search2>[A-Za-z0-9]+)*"

| rex field=_raw "xyz(?<search5>[a-zA-Z]+),*"

| where search5="true"

| stats values(search2) as SEARCH2 values(search3) as SEARCH3 values(search1) as SEARCH1 by trace

search5 can only be "true" or "false" but the table applying the filter is empty, only showing the trace field:

trace

SEARCH2

SEARCH3

SEARCH1

0022f6381a597f0e

How I can filter the events applying the condition?

Thanks for you time.

Labels (3)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...