Splunk Search

How to extract a field from my raw data using rex?

alexspunkshell
Contributor

Below is my raw logs.

I want to extract "analystVerdict" & its corresponding result from raw logs. can someone please help

\"mitigationStartedAt\": \"2022-04-13T03:57:58.393000Z\", \"status\": \"success\"}], \"threatInfo\": {\"analystVerdict\": \"false_positive\", \"analystVerdictDescription\": \"False positive\", \"automaticallyResolved\": false, \"browserType\": null, \"certificateId\": \"\", \"classification\": \"Malware\",

I tried below. But i am failing to get the result

index=test_summary  | rex field=_raw ":\\\"(?<analystVerdict>\w+)\\\"" |table search_name analystVerdict

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| rex "analystVerdict\\\\\":\s+\\\\\"(?<analystVerdictDescription>[^\\\\\"]+)"

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| rex "analystVerdict\\\\\":\s+\\\\\"(?<analystVerdictDescription>[^\\\\\"]+)"

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @alexspunkshell,

please try this regex:

| rex "analystVerdictDescription\\\":\s+\\\"(?<analystVerdictDescription>[^\"]+)"

that you can test at https://regex101.com/r/IjwJYM/1

Ciao.

Giuseppe

alexspunkshell
Contributor

@gcusello  Thanks for your help

I tried but the field is empty in my results. But the raw logs is having the values.

alexspunkshell_0-1650469176646.png

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @alexspunkshell,

sometimes I found a behaviour in Splunk different than regex101, so please try this:

| rex "analystVerdictDescription\\\\":\s+\\\\"(?<analystVerdictDescription>[^\"]+)"

Ciao.

Giuseppe

alexspunkshell
Contributor

Still the same

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
If you really have that \ as an escape character on your data, you should add could of more \ character on your rex. There reason is that internally there are couple of places where splunk do that de-escaping and for that reason sometimes you need to do it double or triple times.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...