Splunk Search

How to exclude writing existing result to Splunk lookup table.

Vicky84
Explorer

I want to keep updating new records to Splunk lookup table and not writing records again for existing users, even if they come in search results.

Lookup table structure : apiCallerID, ticketId

My base search query is having mvexpand, mvindex & rex commands and then table so when I do "NOT" it does not allow me to any other way or corrections.

index=test sourcetype=stats earliest=-5m@m latest=-0m@m| eval temp=ltrim(Response,"[") | eval temp1=rtrim(temp, "]") | eval temp2=split(temp1,"}")| mvexpand temp2| eval temp3=ltrim(temp2,",")  | eval testData=mvindex(temp3,-1) | rex field= testData "userID:\s(?<apiCallerID>\d+)" | table apiCallerID 

NOT [|inputlookup LookuptableGeneratorForDSIDByTestID.csv| fields apiCallerID]

Basically if the user is not there I want to add a ticket id along with user in lookup table and in future system will use this to raise any new tickets and prevent duplicate tickets for the existing user.

Labels (5)
0 Karma
1 Solution

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

| fields - count response
| search NOT
[|inputlookup LookuptableGeneratorForDSIDByTestID.csv| fields apiCallerID]

View solution in original post

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

If your log is JSON format, try spath and make table. it's easy.

0 Karma

Vicky84
Explorer

@to4kawa with or without path, how do you use "NOT" to exclude records from lookuptable. Only after massaging the result data with rex ors path, I will get the userID and post that NOT is not working or I am missing something. please correct

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

index=yours something NOT [ | inputlookup yourlookup | table your_field]

|inputlookup your_lookup where NOT your_field="value"

Which do you want?

0 Karma

Vicky84
Explorer

@to4kawa It is first one, as NOT is put after doing spath or rex. Need to exclude apiCallerID that are already in lookup table

index=test sourcetype=stats earliest=-5m@m latest=-0m@m| kv
| spath input=Response {} output=response
| stats count by response
| spath input=response
 NOT

0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

| search NOT

0 Karma

Vicky84
Explorer

Oh I was missing "|search" thanks !

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...