Splunk Search

How to edit my search on modified files to include additional details (what got changed) for an alert?

fmpa_isaac
Path Finder

I currently have an alert set to notify me on any mass modification files over 100. The alert only provides the User, Operation, Source, and Count. I am now being asked to provide the details (what got changed) along with the alert. For example, I would like the alert to not only contain the count per operation, but the actual record of what got changed. Please see my current search string below.

sourcetype=udp:514 host = 10.0.0.3 "D:\\Data"   NOT Read   NOT Permissions | stats  count by user, operation, machine_source | rename user as User, operation as Operation, machine_source as Source,  | sort -count  | search count>100

Thank you!

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Like this
.... | stats count list(details) as whatchanged by user, operation, machine_source | rename ....

0 Karma

splunkfmpa

Thank you but how do I remove those extra fields? thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...