Splunk Search

How to edit an inputlookup search that displays table of hostnames against corresponding indexes?

Explorer

I have an inputlookup called hosts.csv that looks like this:

host
----------
hostname1
hostname2
hostname3
hostname4

I want to list all indexes containing the value of host in raw data against that hostname. So the output I am looking for is...

host                index
------------------------------
hostname1        firewall
                 web
                 unix
                 proxy
hostname2        firewall
                 database
                 unix
                 dmz
hostname3        firewall
                 proxy
hostname4        firewall
                 proxy
                 windows 

I have tried using the search below which gives me matching indexes containing the hostnames in raw data. But I am not able to create a table to list the hostnames against the indexes.

[|inputlookup hosts.csv|table host|rename host as search|format]|stats values(index)

I tried adding code...|lookup hosts.csv host OUTPUT host| stats values(index) by host and get no results. Can you please help me obtain the output above?

Thanks!

Influencer
|tstats count WHERE index=* by host,index| table host index | search [|inputlookup hosts.csv] | stats values(index) by host
0 Karma

Explorer

I still get No results found.

0 Karma

Explorer

Yes they match, even though they are part of an fqdn I can see them in raw data when I query for them using ...|rename host as search|format.

Also splunk produces a list of matching indices when I use the query [|inputlookup hosts.csv|table host|rename host as search|format]|stats values(index).

I just am struggling to append the index list with the hostnames from the lookup.

0 Karma

Influencer

does the host name in your lookup match exactly with the host names in your splunk data?

0 Karma