Splunk Search

How to display the ratio of the sum of two fields?

ruhtraeel
Path Finder

Hello,
My data looks like this:

urlupdateid=4, urlid=1, payer=Aetna, EffectiveDate_datetype_correct=T, EffectiveDate_correct=F, total_datetypes_correct=1, total_dates_correct=0, total_datetypes=1
host = Arthurs-MacBook-Pro.localsource = PCDAccuracy2.txtsourcetype = PCDAccuracy

urlupdateid=3, urlid=1, payer=Aetna, EffectiveDate_datetype_correct=F, EffectiveDate_correct=F, total_datetypes_correct=0, total_dates_correct=0, total_datetypes=1
host = Arthurs-MacBook-Pro.localsource = PCDAccuracy2.txtsourcetype = PCDAccuracy

urlupdateid=2, urlid=1, payer=Aetna, ReviewDate_datetype_correct=T, ReviewDate_correct=F, total_datetypes_correct=1, total_dates_correct=0, total_datetypes=1

urlupdateid=1, urlid=1, payer=Aetna, PublicationDate_datetype_correct=T, PublicationDate_correct=T, ReviewDate_datetype_correct=T, ReviewDate_correct=T, total_datetypes_correct=2, total_dates_correct=2, total_datetypes=2

I want to show the result of the sum of total_datetypes_correct for each row / total_datetypes for each row in a dashboard.

I tried this search query, but it says "Error in 'stats' command: The argument '(TOTAL_CORRECT)' is invalid.":

source="PCDAccuracy2.txt" host="Arthurs-MacBook-Pro.local" sourcetype="PCDAccuracy"| stats sum(total_datetypes_correct) as TOTAL_CORRECT values(total_datetypes) as total_datetypes | stats sum(total_datetypes) as TOTAL values (TOTAL_CORRECT) | eval total = TOTAL_CORRECT / TOTAL | table total_accuracy total

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ruhtraeel
Path Finder

Figured it out. I did this:

source="PCDAccuracy2.txt" host="Arthurs-MacBook-Pro.local" sourcetype="PCDAccuracy"| eventstats sum(total_dates_correct) as TOTAL_CORRECT | eventstats sum(total_datetypes) as TOTAL | eval total = TOTAL_CORRECT / TOTAL

View solution in original post

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

is this what you are trying to achieve?

| makeresults count=1
| eval data = "urlupdateid=4, urlid=1, payer=Aetna, EffectiveDate_datetype_correct=T, EffectiveDate_correct=F, total_datetypes_correct=1, total_dates_correct=0, total_datetypes=1 host = Arthurs-MacBook-Pro.localsource = PCDAccuracy2.txtsourcetype = PCDAccuracy;;;urlupdateid=3, urlid=1, payer=Aetna, EffectiveDate_datetype_correct=F, EffectiveDate_correct=F, total_datetypes_correct=0, total_dates_correct=0, total_datetypes=1 host = Arthurs-MacBook-Pro.localsource = PCDAccuracy2.txtsourcetype = PCDAccuracy;;;urlupdateid=2, urlid=1, payer=Aetna, ReviewDate_datetype_correct=T, ReviewDate_correct=F, total_datetypes_correct=1, total_dates_correct=0, total_datetypes=1 host = Arthurs-MacBook-Pro.localsource = PCDAccuracy2.txtsourcetype = PCDAccuracy;;;urlupdateid=1, urlid=1, payer=Aetna, PublicationDate_datetype_correct=T, PublicationDate_correct=T, ReviewDate_datetype_correct=T, ReviewDate_correct=T, total_datetypes_correct=2, total_dates_correct=2, total_datetypes=2 host = Arthurs-MacBook-Pro.localsource = PCDAccuracy2.txtsourcetype = PCDAccuracy"
 | makemv delim=";;;" data
 | mvexpand data
 | eval _raw = data
 | table _raw
 | extract kvdelim="=" pairdelim=", "
 | rename COMMENT as "the above generates data below is the solution" 
 | table total_datetypes_correct total_datetypes
 | eval ratio = round(total_datetypes_correct / total_datetypes, 2)
0 Karma

ruhtraeel
Path Finder

Not quite; I needed to add all the total_datetypes_correct values together for every event, as well as all the total_datetypes values together for every event, then calculate the ratio from that, rather than calculate the ratio for each event individually.

0 Karma

ruhtraeel
Path Finder

Figured it out. I did this:

source="PCDAccuracy2.txt" host="Arthurs-MacBook-Pro.local" sourcetype="PCDAccuracy"| eventstats sum(total_dates_correct) as TOTAL_CORRECT | eventstats sum(total_datetypes) as TOTAL | eval total = TOTAL_CORRECT / TOTAL

0 Karma

ruhtraeel
Path Finder

I would assume it's because the total_datetypes field no longer exists after the first "stats" command. How would I keep the previous fields?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...