Splunk Search

How to display date values based on picker and sort it based on the value being pick

Dylan_Kyle
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Hi - i'm working on a simple dashboard where user will pick a certain date in a multipicker. Once date is being picked it will display data on every panel. My issue is that whenever i picked multiple dates for example:

27-Nov-2020
20-Nov-2020
30-Oct-2020

it will always get to the point that it will display the highest numeric value  (30-Oct-2020) despite that I picked the other dates first.sample.PNG

what i am looking for is to display date based on what did i select in the picker regardless of its numeric value and they should get display from right to left

i tried to change the date format in the lookup to see if it won't get sorted automatically but to no avail. it seems that date with the highest numerical values will automatically get sorted ascendingly

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

to4kawa
Ultra Champion
| gentimes start=01/01/21 end=01/20/21
| table starthuman endtime
| eval starthuman = substr(starthuman,1,10)." 2021"
| reverse

If you make the X axis a string, I think you can do it in any order.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...