Splunk Search

How to display comma separated in two column in Splunk under events or statistics or visualization?

rpachamuthu
Explorer

case_S56_search_Get_T01_search,{"success":false "message":"Note not found: 52229548" "messageCode":"**" "localizedMessage":"Note not found: *****" "responseObject":null "warning":null}

I want to display above string  comma separated in two column in splunk under events or statistice or visualization

I have thousands of string similar like like with different names of first string (case_S56_search_Get_T01_search)

index=**** source=*ResponseAnalyzer* | rex field=ExistingFieldMaybe_raw "[,\s]+(?<MyCaptureFieldName>[^,]+)"

Please help me

Labels (3)
0 Karma

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If the first part doesn't contain comma, you can simply do

index=**** source=*ResponseAnalyzer*
| rex field=ExistingFieldMaybe_raw "^(?<My1stCaptureFieldName>[^,]+)[,\s]+(?<My2ndCaptureFieldName>[^,]+)"

This will give you something like

My1stCaptureFieldNameMy2ndCaptureFieldName
case_S56_search_Get_T01_search{"success":false "message":"Note not found: 52229548" "messageCode":"**" "localizedMessage":"Note not found: *****" "responseObject":null "warning":null}

Is this what you are asking?

Also curious: are you sure that the second part is not a conformant JSON object, i.e., there is no "," between fields? (No effect on rex.)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...