Splunk Search

How to determine which deployment server a forwarder is phoning home to?

Path Finder

I have multiple deployment servers.The global deployment server is to distribute basic configurations and also configurations for the forwarder to connect to a regional deployment server.

I want to create a dashboard to monitor which deployment server a forwarder is currently reporting to. How do I get the deployment server that a forwarder is currently connected to ?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

Revered Legend

Give this a try

index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd component=PubSubSvr  | rex "\/handshake\/reply\/(?P<DeploymentClient>[^\/]+)" | stats count by host DeploymentClient | rename host as DeploymentServer | fields - count

View solution in original post

Builder

If you have access to the forwarder, you could run the CLI command to see what it's pointed to also;

$SPLUNK_HOME/bin/splunk show deploy-poll

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.2/Admin/CLIadmincommands

0 Karma

Revered Legend

Give this a try

index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd component=PubSubSvr  | rex "\/handshake\/reply\/(?P<DeploymentClient>[^\/]+)" | stats count by host DeploymentClient | rename host as DeploymentServer | fields - count

View solution in original post

Ultra Champion

Maybe the following thread can point you in the right direction - How to determine if forwarder is phoning home to deployment server

It shows there -

index=_internal (*phonehome* component=DC*) OR (component=DC:HandshakeReplyHandler) host=hostname
 | sort _time
 | table _time host log_level message
0 Karma