Splunk Search

How to delete search history?

pipg
Observer

Hello community,

Can anyone advise if it's possible to delete my search history? I'd like to delete old searches that serve no value e.g., those that returned no results, failed (i.e., were test searches while learning) or are duplicates etc.

I've searched helps docs and forums without luck. 

Thank you for your help in advance.

Pietra

Labels (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @pipg,

see this answer https://community.splunk.com/t5/Splunk-Search/How-to-clear-search-history/m-p/392454/highlight/true

in few words, in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/users/<your_user>/<your_app>/history you can find a csv with your history.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...