Splunk Search

How to create a stats table with field values based off of other fields in same stats table?

cmeyers
Explorer

Hello! I am sure my wording is way more complicated than what I want. Basically, the end result being a stats table along the lines of:

Host | AvgLogCount | Min_Total | Max_Total
Router1 |
Router2 |

And then the values filled in from there. The timespan in which I am looking at is 1 week. I was thinking using something along the lines of:

index=db device_type=router | timechart span=1d count | eventstats avg(count) as AvgLogCount, min(count) as Min, max(count) as Max

When I do this, there are X amount of rows that there are days, with the values matching the next row. I get why that is happening, but I want to turn it into each row listing a different Host, and the rest of the columns' value be of the respective host. Do I need something along the lines of:

index=db device_type=router | timechart span=1d count | eventstats avg(count) as AvgLogCount by host, min(count) as Min by host, max(count) as Max by host

I think that is on the right track, but it doesn't return anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated! And hopefully my wording makes sense.

Thank you!

Tags (1)
0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

index=db device_type=router | timechart span=1d count by host | stats avg(count) AvgLogCount min(count) AS Min_Total max(count) AS Max_Total | rename host AS Host
0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you're looking for per week stats (like avg log count per week, min/max by week), then try something like this

index=db device_type=router | bucket span=1w _time | stats count  by _time host | stats avg(count) as AvgLogCount min(count) as Min max(count) as Max by host
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...