Splunk Search

How to create a regex that gives the count, if the url string has two question mark symbols (not consecutive though)?

sanvica

Hi Experts,

I have an issue with the search string, I have a url text like below and I need to filter that out using regex. I am not able to create a regex that would give the count if the url string has two question mark symbols, not consecutive though.

/shop/us/aabc-abc-aaa?filtered=true&rows=240&start=0&facet=ads_f42001_ntk_cs:(%22aaa-Babbab%22)&cmp=DIS:SPR22:HCo:M:US:PSP:TT:X:X:X:JEANS:X:JEAN:X:JanWk4AABBBs15s

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Karma

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

To count how many occurrences, use mvcount

| rex field=url max_match=0 "\?(?<param>[^?]+)"
| eval qcount = mvcount(param)

e.g., url="/shop/us/aabc-abc-aaa?filtered=true&rows=240&start=0&facet=ads_f42001_ntk_cs:(%22aaa-Babbab%22)&cmp=DIS:SPR22:HCo:M:US:PSP:TT:X:X:X:JEANS:X:JEAN:X:JanWk4AABBBs15s" gives

paramqcounturl
filtered=true&rows=240&start=0&facet=ads_f42001_ntk_cs:(%22aaa-Babbab%22)&cmp=DIS:SPR22:HCo:M:US:PSP:TT:X:X:X:JEANS:X:JEAN:X:JanWk4AABBBs15s1/shop/us/aabc-abc-aaa?filtered=true&rows=240&start=0&facet=ads_f42001_ntk_cs:(%22aaa-Babbab%22)&cmp=DIS:SPR22:HCo:M:US:PSP:TT:X:X:X:JEANS:X:JEAN:X:JanWk4AABBBs15s

whereas url="/shop/us/aabc-abc-aaa?filtered=true&rows=240&start=0&facet=ads_f42001_ntk_cs:(%22aaa-Babbab%22)?cmp=DIS:SPR22:HCo:M:US:PSP:TT:X:X:X👖X:JEAN:X:JanWk4AABBBs15s" gives

param
qcounturl
filtered=true&rows=240&start=0&facet=ads_f42001_ntk_cs:(%22aaa-Babbab%22)
cmp=DIS:SPR22:HCo:M:US:PSP:TT:X:X:X:JEANS:X:JEAN:X:JanWk4AABBBs15s
2/shop/us/aabc-abc-aaa?filtered=true&rows=240&start=0&facet=ads_f42001_ntk_cs:(%22aaa-Babbab%22)?cmp=DIS:SPR22:HCo:M:US:PSP:TT:X:X:X:JEANS:X:JEAN:X:JanWk4AABBBs15s
Tags (1)
0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| regex url="\?[^\?]+\?"
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...