Splunk Search

How to create a custom chart from js_charts that extends the verticalfillerGauge chart?

rickgeorge
Explorer

I want to create a custom chart from js_charts that extends the verticalfillerGauge chart. This chart would use SVG paths and rects to look like the firewall from the OSA SVG icon library and be filled in with various colors based on severity. I gave up on trying to add my own javascript file as I didn't see a way to extend it from the outside. So, I started trying to add my extension to the js_charting file. The changes never get picked up. There are 5 js_charting files in the Splunk directory structure and I have changed all 5, restarted the server, cleared the cache, deleted cached files, cleared the browser cache and greped every file on the system looking for the mysterious js_charting file that gets served up to my browser. Is there anyway I can accomplish a truly custom graph?

Tags (3)

rickgeorge
Explorer

Breakthrough finally. So , it looks like these javascript files are stored in an index _internal by clearing the index I was able to modify mvc.js, config.js and js_charting.js. Also the non existent javascript files finally went away. I ran splunk clean eventdata -index _internal which seemed to fix everything. This method seems very invasive but, I don't yet have anything better.

rickgeorge
Explorer

Another question that might help me solve the first question. I cloned one of my dashboards then deleted and reinstalled the app contains the dashboard, my cloned dashboard is still there referencing javascript files that no longer exist on the file system. There is no way to change the javascript files but, they continue to get served up the the page. I can see them in the browser but, they aren't anywhere to be found on the file system. Where is Splunk storing these files? In a database? in the "cloud"? some binary file? Please help.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...