Splunk Search

How to create a bar chart to count how many events were created and completed over last 6 months (span 1 week)?

Accak
Path Finder

I managed to count how many events were created and completed (tickets) in last weeks (last 6 months).
You can see the piece of output below
alt text

As you can see tickets can be opened and closed in different weeks, and I want to get chart like this (it can be just number of completed and opened in bars, without line):

alt text

I can do this:

append [ | gentimes start=-180 | bin span=1w endtime | stats count by endtime | eval year_week=strftime(endtime, "%Y-%U") | table year_week| reverse ] |

And I will get additional column with last weeks. But what next?

Any ideas how do it better?

Tags (4)
0 Karma

Accak
Path Finder

Ok, it was easier than I thougt (nobie here)

I just searched for all events that are opened and closed in the same week, and then just dedup it. So the output now looks like this:

alt text

Now I have problems with the chart. Any ideas how I can put this values: open_during_week, complete_during_week over week_number_for_open?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Again, I do not understand your question. what do you mean by "put"?

0 Karma

Accak
Path Finder

I mean: "How to populate chart like above, with values open_during_week, complete_during_week over week_number_for_open?"

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

What search generated the output in your last update?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

I don't quite get what you are trying to do but have you checked out the concurrency command?

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.5.3/SearchReference/Concurrency

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...