Splunk Search

How to count stats in columns?

sarit_s
Communicator

Hello
I have a table with 7 columns, some of them calculated from lookup
I want to count the total of one of the columns and then calculate percentage of other column based on the total
I tried this but im getting 0 results

| stats count by SERVERS 
| stats count(SERVERS) by Domain as "Domain_Count"
| eventstats sum(count) as Total_Servers

What can I do ?
Thanks

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It is not clear what you are trying to achieve with your sample code.

The first line reduces your columns to just 2 (SERVERS and count) - what about the other 5+ columns? do you still want these? are these to be added by lookups afterwards?

The second line doesn't work because Domain is no longer a column (removed by first line) - are you trying to count the number of servers in each domain?

Does this do what you want?

| eventstats count by SERVERS 
| eventstats dc(SERVERS) as Domain_Count by Domain
| eventstats dc(SERVERS) as Total_Servers

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It is not clear what you are trying to achieve with your sample code.

The first line reduces your columns to just 2 (SERVERS and count) - what about the other 5+ columns? do you still want these? are these to be added by lookups afterwards?

The second line doesn't work because Domain is no longer a column (removed by first line) - are you trying to count the number of servers in each domain?

Does this do what you want?

| eventstats count by SERVERS 
| eventstats dc(SERVERS) as Domain_Count by Domain
| eventstats dc(SERVERS) as Total_Servers
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Enter the Dashboard Challenge and Watch the .conf24 Global Broadcast!

The Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge is still happening, and it's not too late to enter for the week of ...

Join Us at the Builder Bar at .conf24 – Empowering Innovation and Collaboration

What is the Builder Bar? The Builder Bar is more than just a place; it's a hub of creativity, collaboration, ...

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...