Splunk Search

How to count stats in columns?

sarit_s
Communicator

Hello
I have a table with 7 columns, some of them calculated from lookup
I want to count the total of one of the columns and then calculate percentage of other column based on the total
I tried this but im getting 0 results

| stats count by SERVERS 
| stats count(SERVERS) by Domain as "Domain_Count"
| eventstats sum(count) as Total_Servers

What can I do ?
Thanks

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It is not clear what you are trying to achieve with your sample code.

The first line reduces your columns to just 2 (SERVERS and count) - what about the other 5+ columns? do you still want these? are these to be added by lookups afterwards?

The second line doesn't work because Domain is no longer a column (removed by first line) - are you trying to count the number of servers in each domain?

Does this do what you want?

| eventstats count by SERVERS 
| eventstats dc(SERVERS) as Domain_Count by Domain
| eventstats dc(SERVERS) as Total_Servers

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It is not clear what you are trying to achieve with your sample code.

The first line reduces your columns to just 2 (SERVERS and count) - what about the other 5+ columns? do you still want these? are these to be added by lookups afterwards?

The second line doesn't work because Domain is no longer a column (removed by first line) - are you trying to count the number of servers in each domain?

Does this do what you want?

| eventstats count by SERVERS 
| eventstats dc(SERVERS) as Domain_Count by Domain
| eventstats dc(SERVERS) as Total_Servers
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...