Splunk Search

How to convert date

hank72
Path Finder

How to convert Windows lastLogonTimestamp from this format 07:17.45 PM, Fri 09/30/2022 to 09/30/2022 19:17:45

Thank you

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @hank72,

sorry, my error:

| eval lastLogonTimestamp=strftime(strptime(lastLogonTimestamp,"%I:%M.%S %p, %a %m/%d/%Y"),"%m/%d/%Y %H:%M:%S")

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @hank72,

to convert a date, you have to transform it in epochtime (using strptime) and then again the output format (using strftime) in an eval command, something like this:

| eval lastLogonTimestamp=strftime(strptime(lastLogonTimestamp,"%H:%M.%S %p, %a %m/%d/%Y"),"%m/%d/%Y %H:%M:%S")

for more infos see at 

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SCS/current/SearchReference/DateandTimeFunctions#strptime.28.2...

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/SCS/current/SearchReference/DateandTimeFunctions#strftime.28.2...

Ciao.

Giuseppe

hank72
Path Finder

Thank you Giuseppe, however my time is still showing up as 07:17:45 and not as 19:17:45

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @hank72,

sorry, my error:

| eval lastLogonTimestamp=strftime(strptime(lastLogonTimestamp,"%I:%M.%S %p, %a %m/%d/%Y"),"%m/%d/%Y %H:%M:%S")

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma

hank72
Path Finder

Thank you!  It worked!

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @hank72,

good for you, see next time!

Ciao and happy splunking

Giuseppe

P.S.: Karma Points are appreciated 😉

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...