Splunk Search

How to compare the values from same fields?

saurabh_ha
Explorer

saurabh_ha_0-1664820432808.png

I want to create the new_field when other values of field_1 is less than of first value.
Here in below example as 23 greater than other values then do sum of all which is 44.
for 10 is the smallest then its result is 10
for 11 there is one more value is less which is 10 then do sum with 10 then result is 21

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The following will work in Splunk 9 with the new multivalue mode in foreach.

| stats values(field_1) as field_1
| foreach field_1 mode=multivalue
    [eval new_field = mvappend(new_field, tostring(if(isnull(new_field), 0, max(new_field)) + <<ITEM>>))]
| eval zip = mvzip(field_1, new_field, ":")
| mvexpand zip
| eval zip = split(zip, ":")
| eval field_1 = mvindex(zip, 0), new_field = mvindex(zip, 1)

(If you need to access other fields in original search, modify "group by" clause or use eventstats as opposed to stats.)

I totally thought this could be solved with mvmap (no need for Splunk 9), but I couldn't get that to work.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The following will work in Splunk 9 with the new multivalue mode in foreach.

| stats values(field_1) as field_1
| foreach field_1 mode=multivalue
    [eval new_field = mvappend(new_field, tostring(if(isnull(new_field), 0, max(new_field)) + <<ITEM>>))]
| eval zip = mvzip(field_1, new_field, ":")
| mvexpand zip
| eval zip = split(zip, ":")
| eval field_1 = mvindex(zip, 0), new_field = mvindex(zip, 1)

(If you need to access other fields in original search, modify "group by" clause or use eventstats as opposed to stats.)

I totally thought this could be solved with mvmap (no need for Splunk 9), but I couldn't get that to work.

0 Karma

saurabh_ha
Explorer

Thanks for the response.

It is working as expected  in our UAT as you mentioned

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...