Splunk Search

How to chooose one value based on applying conditions to table column

Naga
Engager

I have a table like below. Which plots different services under one column Service A (Subservices - A1 to A5) / Service B (Subservices - B1 to B5) .  I need to take a new column denotes one Final Status like this if any of one Status is RED then the final status is RED, If there is no RED but one YELLOW And many GREEN then final status if YELLOW. What will be the best condition i can use to achieve the final one result

ServiceStatus
A1GREEN
A2RED
A3YELLOW
A4 GREEN
A5GREEN
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

Try

|eventstats values(Status) as StatusList by Parent
|eval FinalStatus=case(isnotnull(mvfind(StatusList,"RED")),"RED",isnotnull(mvfind(StatusList,"YELLOW")),"YELLOW",isnotnull(mvfind(StatusList,"GREEN")),"GREEN",1==1,"NA")
|fields - StatusList

Here Parent is 'A'

Run anywhere example

|makeresults|eval Service="A1 A2 A3 A4 A5"|makemv Service|mvexpand Service
|appendcols [|makeresults | eval Status="GREEN RED YELLOW GREEN GREEN"|makemv Status|mvexpand Status]
|table Service, Status
|rex field=Service "(?<Parent>\D+)"
|eventstats values(Status) as StatusList by Parent
|eval FinalStatus=case(isnotnull(mvfind(StatusList,"RED")),"RED",isnotnull(mvfind(StatusList,"YELLOW")),"YELLOW",isnotnull(mvfind(StatusList,"GREEN")),"GREEN",1==1,"NA")
|fields - StatusList

Parent extraction is a simple rex for this dummy data and you should change based on actual data

You can replace eventstats with stats if you want only one status per service

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...