Splunk Search

How to calculate Average with condition based?

vineela
Path Finder

Hi All,

i am writing a query with the following:

index=a0_payservutil_generic_app_audit_npd "kubernetes.labels.release"="mms-au" MNDT|rex field=log "eventName=\"*(?<eventName>[^,\"\s]+)"|rex field=log "serviceName=\"*(?<serviceName>[^\"]+)"|rex field=log "elapsed=\"*(?<elapsed>[^,\"\s]+)" |search eventName="ACCOUNT_DETAIL" AND serviceName="Alias " | eval newtime=round((elapsed/1000),2)|stats count(newtime) AS TotalNoOfEvents,count(eval(newtime>=1)) AS SLACrossedEvents|eval perc=((SLACrossedEvents/TotalNoOfEvents)*100)|where perc>1|stats avg(newtime) as avg |eval calc=if(newtime>=1,avg,0)|eval eventName="ACCOUNT_DETAIL"|eval serviceName="Alias"|fields eventName serviceName TotalNoOfEvents SLACrossedEvents perc calc

i need to calculate average time of events which crossed SLA, 
for ex: if 2 events crossed SLA (elapsedtime is greater than 1 sec)..in that one event took 3 sec and another event took 2 seconds then we should display 2.5 as average in particular time.i am not able to fetch it.Can you please help me on the same.

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

vineela
Path Finder

HI Sir,

Error in 'stats' command: The eval expression for dynamic field 'eval(if(newtime>=1),newtime,"")' is invalid. Error='The operator at ',newtime,""' is invalid.'.
The search job has failed due to an error. You may be able view the job in the 
0 Karma

vineela
Path Finder

I am receiving error like this:

Error in 'stats' command: The eval expression for dynamic field 'eval(if(newtime>=1),newtime,"")' is invalid. Error='The operator at ',newtime,""' is invalid.'.

The search job has failed due to an error. You may be able view the job in the

vineela_0-1658313430636.png

0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

HI @vineela,

you have to add to your stats command other values using eval,if, something like this:

index=a0_payservutil_generic_app_audit_npd "kubernetes.labels.release"="mms-au" MNDT
| rex field=log "eventName=\"*(?<eventName>[^,\"\s]+)"
| rex field=log "serviceName=\"*(?<serviceName>[^\"]+)"
| rex field=log "elapsed=\"*(?<elapsed>[^,\"\s]+)" 
| search eventName="ACCOUNT_DETAIL" AND serviceName="Alias " 
| eval newtime=round((elapsed/1000),2)
| stats 
   count(newtime) AS TotalNoOfEvents
   count(eval(newtime>=1)) AS SLACrossedEvents
   avg(eval(if(newtime>=1),newtime,"")) AS average
| eval perc=((SLACrossedEvents/TotalNoOfEvents)*100)
| where perc>1
| stats avg(newtime) as avg values(average9 AS average
| eval calc=if(newtime>=1,avg,0)
| eval eventName="ACCOUNT_DETAIL"
| eval serviceName="Alias"
| fields eventName serviceName TotalNoOfEvents SLACrossedEvents perc calc average

See how to use this approach.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...