Splunk Search

How to break events in this scenario

sarvan7777

Here is a subset of my log file. This content appears for an App named App-1, but it just repeats in my log for around 12 Apps.

Scan **App-1** 
<blah blah>
<blah blah>
Start of Test
Table row count : 100
Messages in queue: 100
JMS Topics and row count in queue:
10   Topic1
17   Topic2
13   Topic3
20   Topic5
40   Topic5 
End of Test... 

Scan for Threshold...

WARNING -- Threshold Exceeded!  

All I need is the table that has count and Topic1, Topic2 etc values as fields in Splunk

Count & Topic needs to be available as extracted fields in Splunk for the App-1 (App-1 is again an extracted field from this data set)

Any input is appreciated

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

... | rex "Scan \*\*(?<App>\S+)\*\*"
| rex max_match=0 "(?<Count>\d+)\s+(?<Topic>Topic\d+)"
| eval _raw=mvzip(Topic, Count, "=")
| kv

View solution in original post

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

I would be enclined to say: create a scripted input for this, that translates these files to a csv containing the desired data and then ingest that into splunk.

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

... | rex "Scan \*\*(?<App>\S+)\*\*"
| rex max_match=0 "(?<Count>\d+)\s+(?<Topic>Topic\d+)"
| eval _raw=mvzip(Topic, Count, "=")
| kv
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...