Splunk Search

How to add inputlookup and outputlookup in same search

yuwtennis
Communicator

Hi!

I would like to know if it is possible to add outputlookup and inputlookup in same search.
My purpose is to create a table dynamically and use it in other sub searches.

I thought this can be possible by using subsearches but bit struggling with it.

index=hoge
[ sub search
outputlookup
return ""
]
[ | inputlookup xxxxx]

but alsways the inputlookup runs before the outputlookup.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
Yu

Tags (2)
0 Karma

splunkdevabhi
Explorer

eventtype=snow_cmdb_ci_list | dedup sys_id | fields - _bkt, _cd,_indextime,_kv,_raw,_serial,_si,_sourcetype,_subsecond, punct, index, source, sourcetype | inputlookup append=t cmdb_ci_list_lookup | dedup sys_id | outputlookup cmdb_ci_list_lookup

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

Subsearches always run before the outer searches, as for the order in which subsearches themselves run I don't think there's a guaranteed order for that.

Please tell us more about exactly what you want to accomplish, with examples.

splunkdevabhi
Explorer

Found one such example from Splunk Add-on for ServiceNow :

eventtype=snow_cmdb_ci_list | dedup sys_id | fields - _bkt, _cd,_indextime,_kv,_raw,_serial,_si,_sourcetype,_subsecond, punct, index, source, sourcetype | inputlookup append=t cmdb_ci_list_lookup | dedup sys_id | outputlookup cmdb_ci_list_lookup

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...