Splunk Search

How to Modify Field to exclude field not needed?

jakeoftrades
Explorer

Hi,

Can anyone help me how can I change the field of my query to exclude those with 
PRODUCED labels

query:

index="hcg_ph_t2_bigdataservices_prod" sourcetype="be:streaming-services" earliest=-3h@h latest=@h
| search stream_type IN (Datascore_Compress, Datascore_Decompress, Eservices_Eload, Eservices_Ebills)
| eval service_details=stream_type." - ".kafka_datatype
| bucket span=90m _time
| stats sum(kafka_count) as count by _time service_details
| stats latest(count) as current_count earliest(count) as past_count by service_details

jakeoftrades_0-1652697442744.png

PRODUCED items which is under kafka_datatype:

jakeoftrades_1-1652697717311.png

I have tried to add this to my query but still does not exclude those with PRODUCED:

| sort .kafka_datatype asc
| fields - "PRODUCED"

Please help. 

Thank you,
Jake

Labels (3)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jakeoftrades,

let me understand: you want to exclude results where kafka_datatype="PRODUCED", is this correct?

if this is your need, you could filter results in the main search of after the stats command, something like this:

index="hcg_ph_t2_bigdataservices_prod" sourcetype="be:streaming-services" earliest=-3h@h latest=@h stream_type IN (Datascore_Compress, Datascore_Decompress, Eservices_Eload, Eservices_Ebills) kafka_datatype!="PRODUCED"
| eval service_details=stream_type." - ".kafka_datatype
| bucket span=90m _time
| stats sum(kafka_count) as count by _time service_details
| stats latest(count) as current_count earliest(count) as past_count by service_details

in addition, you don't need to use the search command after the main search, in this way you have a slower search.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...