Splunk Search

How do you specify a list in WHERE condition?

vaibhavvijay9

Hi All,

• I want to display only results which are present in a given list (please see below) :

....... | xmlkv | stats count by "ApplicationFunction" | WHERE "ApplicationFunction" IN ("Price", "History", "Notify")

• There are around 10 values that I want to filter out from 30-40 values. So the list specified in IN will have 10 values.
  • I want to create an overview dashboard (PieChart).

*Is this possible with Splunk? *

If yes, please help me. Otherwise, please specify any possible way to achieve the same.

Thanks in advance !

0 Karma
1 Solution

vishaltaneja070
Motivator

Hello @vaibhavvijay9

I think the issue is with double quotes if you mention field name in double quotes in where command then it will become a value which is causing issue in your case. Try this:

....... | xmlkv | stats count by ApplicationFunction | WHERE ApplicationFunction IN ("Price", "History", "Notify")

View solution in original post

0 Karma

vishaltaneja070
Motivator

Hello @vaibhavvijay9

I think the issue is with double quotes if you mention field name in double quotes in where command then it will become a value which is causing issue in your case. Try this:

....... | xmlkv | stats count by ApplicationFunction | WHERE ApplicationFunction IN ("Price", "History", "Notify")
0 Karma

vaibhavvijay9

Thanks @vishaltaneja07011993

Actually my exact field name was "ns0:ApplicationFunction" so when I used it without quotes in WHERE it was resulting in error.

But I renamed it as app and it worked.

So my final working string is :

....... | xmlkv | rename ns0:ApplicationFunction as app | WHERE app IN ("Price", "History", "Notify") | stats count by app

Thanks Again.

0 Karma

vishaltaneja070
Motivator

@vaibhavvijay9

Great 🙂 Welcome 🙂

Good Luck

0 Karma

vishaltaneja070
Motivator

And also you can create a lookup of ApplicationFunction and try to filter from there as well. Like below
|stats count by ApplicationFunction | search [|inputlookup ApplicationFunction.csv]

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...