Splunk Search

How do you return the latest value only if it's not equal to "closed"?

stike100

I'm having a tough time figuring this one out for some reason. The datasource I am using contains multiple records based on the ID with a second field called status that could be equal to (Closed, Open, In Progress). What I am wanting is to only return the latest record, but only on IDs that have not been closed already. Simplified the query to focus on just this issue.

index=XXX sourcetype=DDDD 
| fields ID, status, openDate, lastUpdateDate 
| dedup ID
| where status!="Closed"
| table ID, status, openDate, lastUpdateDate

When I run it, I get all the Open and In progress latest records, but I am also getting the last open or in progress record for records that have been closed already, and I want to ignore those all together.

Hopefully that makes sense!

Thanks for any help!

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Vijeta
Influencer

Try this

| stats latest(status) as status ,earliest(openDate) as openDate, latest(lastUpdateDate) as UpdateDate by ID
 | where status!="Closed"
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Give this a try

| stats list(status) as status values(openDate) as openDate list(lastUpdateDate) as lastUpdateDate by ID
| where isnull(mvfind(status,"Closed"))
| eval status=mvindex(status,0) | eval lastUpdateDate=mvindex(lastUpdateDate ,0)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...