Splunk Search

How do you return multiple fields from a subsearch to a main search?

yepyepyayyooo

I'm 99% there guys. The query works fine. Soliciting assistance getting me to the end zone. Would like to also include v_user_name in the main search results table. How would one achieve this...

index="bro" sourcetype="bro_http" dest_ipi_zone="EXT" user_agent="*Mozilla*"
    [search index="sep" sourcetype="sep:server_client_log" [| inputlookup watcher_list | fields v_user_name ]
    | stats count values(dest_ip) as dest_ip by v_user_name
    | fields dest_ip
    | rename dest_ip as id.orig_h
    | format ]
| table _time id.orig_h id.resp_h id.resp_p method domain uri post_body
0 Karma

jeffbat
Path Finder

You need to add v_user_name to line 4 as well as to the table line in 7.

In line 4 you are saying what fields to keep going forward and all you are bringing back from the subsearch is dest_ip

0 Karma

yepyepyayyooo

Unfortunately, adding v_user_name as an additional field in line 4 causes the query to return zero results. Also attempted adding via line 3 and output as a different name, yielded same results.

0 Karma

damann
Communicator

have you tried to add v_user_nameto your table in line 7?
... | table _time id.orig_h id.resp_h id.resp_p method domain uri post_body v_user_name

0 Karma

yepyepyayyooo

Yes, I've tried adding the value to the table in the main search. The results are blank. The value isn't being fed to the main search.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...