Splunk Search

How do I search if a windows Event code xxxx from the Security logs is being ingested into Splunk?

SamHTexas
Builder

Please share a SPL to show if a certain event code ( Windows) from Security logs is being ingested into Splunk. I appreciate a response in advance.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What do you mean by "is being"? Because a question for a simple field=value search seems a bit lazy 😉

0 Karma

SamHTexas
Builder

I mean a certain event code is being pulled into Splunk so we see it in the event logs. Thank u

Tags (1)
0 Karma

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @SamHTexas,

as @PickleRick said, you have only to add a simple filter to your main search, so e.g. if you want to find the login, logout and logfail events:

index=wineventlog (EventCode=4624 OR EventCode=4625 OR EventCode=4634=

The only problem is identify the EventCodes that you need.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Now On-Demand Join us to learn more about how you can leverage Service Level Objectives (SLOs) and the new ...