Splunk Search

How do I extract fields from a json object (serialized) and put it back to splunk index?

arungeorge09
Path Finder

Sample data:

<167>1 2014-11-15T16:45:44.542-07:00 host.name.com neat 11151 gcm [meta@28281 sequenceId="43096" sysUpTime="858744854"][analytics@28281 event="pushGcm" platform="GCM" outcome="0" errorCode="0" errorDesc="Push to apns success" errorContext="TCP-SSL" operation="PUSH_GCM" opTime="46" startTime="1416095144542" appId="appId" deviceToken="token" args="{\"time\":\"1416095144194\",\"batch\":\"26966\",\"tms_id\":\"tmsid\",\"src\":\"src\"}" txId="907472412"] 

I want to extract the args and put it back in its appropriate fields . I know I can use Field Extractions and Field transformations but not working.

Field Transformation
Name:NEAT_BATCH

Rex: batch\\\\\":\\\\\"(?.*?)\\\\\",

Field Extraction
Name:NEAT_BATCH

0 Karma
1 Solution

tom_frotscher
Builder

Hi,
try it with this regular expression for the batch field:

\\\"batch\\":\\"(?<batch>\d+)\\"

Greetings

Tom

View solution in original post

tom_frotscher
Builder

Hi,
try it with this regular expression for the batch field:

\\\"batch\\":\\"(?<batch>\d+)\\"

Greetings

Tom

arungeorge09
Path Finder

Worked. Thanks Tom. Why does not it work with my regexp . Can you explain

0 Karma

tom_frotscher
Builder

Your regex didn't match. there are way to much "\" symbols in your regex and i think also your group definition "(?.*?)" is syntactically wrong.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...