Splunk Search

How do I do a search on an inputlookup from data loaded from datamodel

jeradb
Explorer

My current serach is - 

| from datamodel:Remote_Access_Authentication.local
| append [| inputlookup Domain | rename name as company_domain]
| dest_nt_domain

How do I get the search to only list items in my table where | search dest_nt_domain=company_domain? 

Is there another command other than append that I can use with inputlookup?  I do not need to add it to the list.   Just trying to get the data in to compare against the datamodel. 

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jeradb,

let me understand: yo want to filter results from the datamodel using the lookup, is it correct?

In this case:

| search [| inputlookup Domain | rename name AS company_domain | fields company_domain]

only one attention point: check if the field in the DataModel is named "company_domain" or "Remote_Access_Authentication.company_domain".

If the second, you have to rename it in the subsearch.

what do you want to extract from the DataModel?

maybe you could use tstats.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @jeradb,

let me understand: yo want to filter results from the datamodel using the lookup, is it correct?

In this case:

| search [| inputlookup Domain | rename name AS company_domain | fields company_domain]

only one attention point: check if the field in the DataModel is named "company_domain" or "Remote_Access_Authentication.company_domain".

If the second, you have to rename it in the subsearch.

what do you want to extract from the DataModel?

maybe you could use tstats.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...

.conf24 | Learning Tracks for Security, Observability, Platform, and Developers!

.conf24 is taking place at The Venetian in Las Vegas from June 11 - 14. Continue reading to learn about the ...

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...