Splunk Search

How do I create a Dashboard using mstats metrics with multiple instances?

jztilly
Engager

Hi there,

I've been attempting to create a dashboard with metrics from the itsi_im_metrics index but am struggling with "instances" and the LogicalDisk.%_Free_Space metric.

Using the following search, I can see the "instances" dimension are being used for each logical volume:

| mcatalog values(_dims) WHERE "index"="*" GROUPBY metric_name index instance
| rename values(_dims) AS dimensions
| table metric_name dimensions index instance

jztilly_0-1665612930717.png

I can get a visualisation for each of the instances with the following and changing the C: to d: or E: respectively:

| mstats prestats=true avg(LogicalDisk.Free_Megabytes) WHERE (`itsi_entity_type_windows_metrics_indexes`) span=1m AND instance=C:
| timechart span=1m avg(LogicalDisk.Free_Megabytes) as "Megabytes Free"

...but I can't get all three of them (C:, d: and E:) into the same table like this:

_time C: % free 😧% free E: % free

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers 🙂

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...