Splunk Search

How do I create a Dashboard using mstats metrics with multiple instances?

jztilly
Engager

Hi there,

I've been attempting to create a dashboard with metrics from the itsi_im_metrics index but am struggling with "instances" and the LogicalDisk.%_Free_Space metric.

Using the following search, I can see the "instances" dimension are being used for each logical volume:

| mcatalog values(_dims) WHERE "index"="*" GROUPBY metric_name index instance
| rename values(_dims) AS dimensions
| table metric_name dimensions index instance

jztilly_0-1665612930717.png

I can get a visualisation for each of the instances with the following and changing the C: to d: or E: respectively:

| mstats prestats=true avg(LogicalDisk.Free_Megabytes) WHERE (`itsi_entity_type_windows_metrics_indexes`) span=1m AND instance=C:
| timechart span=1m avg(LogicalDisk.Free_Megabytes) as "Megabytes Free"

...but I can't get all three of them (C:, d: and E:) into the same table like this:

_time C: % free 😧% free E: % free

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers 🙂

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Threat Hunting Unlocked: How to Uplevel Your Threat Hunting With the PEAK Framework ...

WATCH NOWAs AI starts tackling low level alerts, it's more critical than ever to uplevel your threat hunting ...

Splunk APM: New Product Features + Community Office Hours Recap!

Howdy Splunk Community! Over the past few months, we’ve had a lot going on in the world of Splunk Application ...

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...