Splunk Search
Highlighted

How do I change the title text on the tabs from default text to a custom text?

Communicator

I want to change the title text on the tabs from, for example, "Login|Splunk" or "Dashboards | Splunk 7.1.2" to a text which I want, something like just "Login" or just "Dashboards." I also want to exclude the Splunk version details from being displayed on the title.

So, I have two questions:

—How do I change the title text on the tabs from default text to a custom text?
—How do I disable the Splunk version details being displayed on the tab title?

Is there a way that I achieve this?

Note: Found a similar question here - https://answers.splunk.com/answers/521061/how-to-change-bookmark-name-from-loginsplunk-to-na.html, but the answer provided was in Chinese.

0 Karma
Highlighted

Re: How do I change the title text on the tabs from default text to a custom text?

SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@sh254087,

Any changes to the design has to be allowed by your license terms. Consult with your Splunk representative

The login page document title can be changed in web.conf . Reference WEB CONF

loginDocumentTitleOption = custom
loginDocumentTitleText = "your title"

However, please do check the license agreement as stated below about these properties.

# Default login document title settings
# NOTE: This option is made available only to OEM customers participating in Splunk’s OEM Partner Program
# and subject to the relevant terms of the Master OEM Agreement. All other customers or partners are prohibited
# from removing or altering any copyright, trademark, and/or other intellectual property or proprietary rights
# notices of Splunk placed on or embedded in any Splunk materials.
loginDocumentTitleOption = default
loginDocumentTitleText =

For other dashboard, it's part of the core js files. For e.g. change in

$SPLUNKHOME/share/splunk/searchmrsparkle/exposed/build/pages/enterprise/common.js

From
document.title=splunkUtils.sprintf(_("%s | Splunk %s %s").t(),title,isLite?"Light":"",version)}.bind(this))}

to

document.title=splunkUtils.sprintf(_("%s | your_preferred_text %s").t(),title,isLite?"Light":"",version)}.bind(this))}

This will print Your Dashboard Name| your_preferred_text

Upgrade of splunk will rewrite these files and you might need to redo it again. And again highly suggest to consult with your splunk contact! *Risk is all yours 🙂 *

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: How do I change the title text on the tabs from default text to a custom text?

Communicator

This perfectly served my requirement. Thank you very much, @renjith.nair

0 Karma