Splunk Search

How come our data is not lining up correctly in the following search?

fisuser1
Contributor

I've written a search that charts data into a table. The query extracts run times greater than 25% over its calculated average value from the past 60 days. However, when I run the search, the run_time values are not lining up with the start_time values in the raw events. I'm probably missing something very simple, but I have been looking at this for so long. I figured maybe someone could pick up what I am doing wrong pretty quickly.

The start_time and run_time values don't line up correctly with the _raw data in the events.

index=foo sourcetype=bar  firm_number="24" 
| strcat firm_name " - Firm Number:  " firm_number AS Firm 
| bin _time span=60d 
| eventstats avg(duration_minutes) as avg_time by Firm
| eval perc_of_change=round(((duration_minutes-avg_time)/duration_minutes)*100,2) 
| where perc_of_change > 25 
| stats values(duration_minutes) as run_time values(start_time) as start_time first(avg_time) as avg_time by Firm
| fields - _time

alt text

alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

fisuser1
Contributor

got it. used list instead of values calculating the run_time and start_time fields

View solution in original post

0 Karma

fisuser1
Contributor

got it. used list instead of values calculating the run_time and start_time fields

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...