Splunk Search

How can i set different timeline for my search?

tamduong16
Contributor

I have the following search:

index="monthlycdr" "Call Duration"=* Name=\"***\" | eval "Call Duration"=replace('Call Duration',"\"","") | convert dur2sec("Call Duration") as "CDinsec" | eval "Name"=replace('Name',"\"","")

| eval "transporttype"=replace('Transport Type',"\"","") | eval "Voice_count"=case( match(transporttype, "(?i)voice") OR match(transporttype, "(?i)pstn"), CDinsec)
| eval "Video_count" =case(match(transporttype, "^(?i)h323$") OR match(transporttype, "^(?i)sip$"),CDinsec)
| stats avg("Voice_count") as Avg_Voice, avg("Video_count") as Avg_Video by Name

Which only bring up the name of my units within the time frame that I set. But I want to also view other units that haven't been use in the selected time frame. These units would exit in all time. How can I join them in my search? When I do a subsearch for all time, it only displays the name of units within the general time frame that I select. I want to bring up the name of those units that haven't been use as well.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try this

index="monthlycdr" "Call Duration"= Name=\"**\" | eval "Call Duration"=replace('Call Duration',"\"","") | convert dur2sec("Call Duration") as "CDinsec" | eval "Name"=replace('Name',"\"","") 
| eval "transporttype"=replace('Transport Type',"\"","") | eval "Voice_count"=case( match(transporttype, "(?i)voice") OR match(transporttype, "(?i)pstn"), CDinsec) 
| eval "Video_count" =case(match(transporttype, "^(?i)h323$") OR match(transporttype, "^(?i)sip$"),CDinsec) 
| stats avg("Voice_count") as Avg_Voice, avg("Video_count") as Avg_Video by Name
| append [search index=monthlycdr earliest=0 | eval "Name"=replace('Name',"\"","") | stats count by Name | table Name]
| stats values(*) as * by Name

tamduong16
Contributor

@someoni2,
Thanks for the answer. It worked but when I throw the rest of the search with it, I have error like expected AND. Here is the search:

index="monthlycdr" $result0sec$ $result$ | eval "Call Duration"=replace('Call Duration',"\"","") | convert dur2sec("Call Duration") as "CDinsec" | eval "Name"=replace('Name',"\"","")
| eval "Name" = upper(Name)
| eval "Video_count" =case(match(transporttype, "^(?i)h323$$") OR match(transporttype, "^(?i)sip$$"),CDinsec)
| stats avg("Voice_count") as Avg_Voice, avg("Video_count") as Avg_Video, sum("Voice_count") as Sum_Voice, sum("Video_count") as Sum_Video by Name
| eval "Avg_Voice"=tostring($$Avg_Voice$$,"duration") | eval Avg_Voice=if(isnull(Avg_Voice), "00:00:00", replace(Avg_Voice,"(\d+):(\d+):(\d+).(\d+)","\1:\2:\3"))
| eval "Avg_Video"=tostring($$Avg_Video$$,"duration") | eval Avg_Video=if(isnull(Avg_Video), "00:00:00", replace(Avg_Video,"(\d+):(\d+):(\d+).(\d+)","\1:\2:\3"))
| eval "Sum_Voice"=tostring($$Sum_Voice$$,"duration") | eval Sum_Voice=if(isnull(Sum_Voice), "00:00:00", replace(Sum_Voice,"(\d*)+(\d+):(\d+):(\d+)","\1D \2:\3:\4"))
| eval "Sum_Video"=tostring($$Sum_Video$$,"duration") | eval Sum_Video=if(isnull(Sum_Video), "00:00:00", replace(Sum_Video,"(\d
)+(\d+):(\d+):(\d+)","\1D \2:\3:\4"))
| append [search index=monthlycdr earliest=0 | eval "Name"=replace('Name',"\"","") | stats count by Name | table Name]
| stats values(
) as * by Name

For simplicity, I left out the eval portion but I didn't know it would create problem. Sorry!

0 Karma

tamduong16
Contributor

please ignore $result0sec$ $result$. I left them out in the search

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Does it work find without the subsearch?

0 Karma

tamduong16
Contributor

yes, it works before the subsearch!
It also works with the subsearch if I delete all of the eval expression from the search.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

In the last stats command, are you missing a asterisk in values function?

0 Karma

tamduong16
Contributor

I just rerun it with the asterisk in values function but have the same result. Thanks again for helping me!

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

What's the full search that you used, which includes your all time subsearch? You should be using earliest=0 in the subsearch to override the timerange just for that subsearch.

0 Karma

tamduong16
Contributor

this is my full search which it only gives me the same result if I run the above search.

index="monthlycdr" "Call Duration"= Name=\"**\" | eval "Call Duration"=replace('Call Duration',"\"","") | convert dur2sec("Call Duration") as "CDinsec" | eval "Name"=replace('Name',"\"","")
| join Name
[search index=monthlycdr earliest=0
| eval "Name"=replace('Name',"\"","")
| table Name]

thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...