Splunk Search

How can i make my chart overlay use the same axis?

tarini_r

I have my search query being as such where I am displaying the tickets, flowing in and out. Now, i want to put a line indicating the backlog on my chart.

index="tickets" $year$  |  dedup number 
| convert timeformat="%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S" num(allFields.createdDate) As days
| eval week=strftime(days,"%V") 
| eval year = strftime(days, "%Y") 
| where year= c_year
| stats count by week

| appendcols [search index="tickets" $year$ | dedup number | search state != "Resolved" AND state != "Closed" AND state != "Resolution Confirmed" AND  assignment_group != "Out of Scope" | convert timeformat="%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S" num(createdDate) As date
| eval weeks=strftime(date,"%V") 
| eval year = strftime(date, "%Y") 
| where year= c_year | chart count by weeks 
 ]

| appendcols [search index="tickets" $year$  | dedup number
| search state = "Resolved" OR state = "Resolution Confirmed" OR  state = "Closed"
| convert timeformat="%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S" num(resolvedOn) As days
| eval out = strftime(days, "%V")
| eval year = strftime(days, "%Y") 
| where year= c_year
| chart count by out]

Basically, how can i make the field 'createdDate' used in first query and first subquery to be common on my chart? The way i did it, the subquery has its own axis, which i do not want. Please refer to the picture:alt text
What I am getting is this : (where weeks is my backlog)
alt text
Any help will be much appreciated!

Labels (4)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...