Splunk Search

How can I remove or hide a column in a table?

travis_bear
Explorer

Here is my query; I'm trying not to have the "Total_Datapoints" column show up in the table since it has the same value for every row.

report=hw_use_by_jobs 
orig_host="myhost" |
chart 
   p50(PercentProcessorTime_max) as "p50 CPU", 
   stdev(PercentProcessorTime_max) as "CPU stdev",
   count as DataPoints
over ConcurrentTasks |
eventstats sum(DataPoints) as Total_DataPoints  |
eval "Percent of Time"=100*DataPoints/Total_DataPoints 

I've experimented with calculating the Total_Datapoints value before sending the results to the table, but this has not worked out and I'm not even sure if that's the right overall approach.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

ShaneNewman
Motivator

Pretty easy 🙂

At the very end:

| fields <list of fields you want to be displayed (no commas)>

View solution in original post

ShaneNewman
Motivator

Pretty easy 🙂

At the very end:

| fields <list of fields you want to be displayed (no commas)>

rafajot
Explorer

This solution is not going to work for stats where column names are dynamic, for example stats table produced by timechart. I would rather use ....|fields -column_name_to_exclude
BTW, the question is a duplicate of https://answers.splunk.com/answers/48466/remove-column-name-from-table-result.html

0 Karma

vicvaughan
Explorer

What about if you want a field hidden in the query, but you want to use those values in the drilldown?

ShaneNewman
Motivator

Not a problem!

0 Karma

travis_bear
Explorer

That worked! Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...