Splunk Search

How can I pipe the results of a stats command into another search as a field to perform a boolean operation?

andimnf
Explorer

I'm struggling to output the results of a stats command into a new field so that I can then perform a search based on the results of that field.

My stats command which will pull back a single value for the latest DAT version which works as expected.
index=av source="av:events"| stats max(dat_version) as LatestDAT

I then wish to perform another search on the same source for all events where the dat_version is less than LatestDAT-7

Is this possible?

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

Try this:

index=av source="av:events"
| eventstats max(dat_version) as LatestDAT
| where dat_version<LatestDAT-7

Not 100% sure if that where command supports doing the -7 subtraction as part of the comparison. If not, just add an eval command before, to calculate the LatestDAT-7 threshold and then compare against that.

0 Karma

lakshman239
Influencer

Can you try index=av source="av:events"| stats max(dat_version) as LatestDAT values(dat_version) AS dat_version | where dat_version < LatestDAT-7

0 Karma

andimnf
Explorer

Thanks! This didn't quite give me what I needed, but it did point me in the right direction to get something close.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...